Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
时间:2023-11-28 19:04:56 出处:과학阅读（143）
South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised speculation that the US economy is cooling.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 17.12 points, or 0.69 percent, to 2,471.06 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.13 percent, while the Nasdaq Composite edged up 0.07 percent.
Data showed that the unemployment benefit claims in the world's largest economy have reached the highest level in three months. The US industrial output also shed 0.6 percent on-month in October.
In Seoul, top tech giant Samsung Electronics fell 0.41 percent, and leading battery maker LG Energy Solution lost 2.26 percent.
No. 1 carmaker Hyundai Motor fell 0.43 percent, and its smaller sister Kia shed 0.47 percent. Auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis decreased 1.08 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,296.3 won against the US dollar, up 0.6 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- YG’s new girl group Babymonster debuts with single 'Batter Up'
- [Our Museums] Gyeonggi Ceramic Museum shows artistic essence of ceramics throughout history
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- NK sports broadcast labels S. Korea ‘puppets'
- N. Korea reinstates DMZ guard posts
- Orchestra composed of players with visual impairment to perform Oct. 4
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games
- 尹 “국민, 안보 믿음 가졌을 것”…4000명 장병 동원 행진 주관
- Hyundai Motor to halt Asan factory in Korea for EV factory construction